With 320 days of sunshine a year, Mauritius is 9500 km and 11 hours by plane from France. France is the leading provider of tourism in Mauritius and holds the palm of real estate investors. About 20,000 French people live or work in Mauritius.
TAXATION AND REGULATIONS FOR FOREIGN INVESTORS
- No property tax, nor housing, nor tax on household waste
- No capital gains tax
- No inheritance tax for heirs residing for tax purposes in Mauritius
- Permanent residence permit from $375,000 of purchase: the permanent residence permit gives the right to work in Mauritius with income from Mauritius and taxable at the single rate of 15% tax, not taxable in France
- Free repatriation of funds in France with a double taxation treaty between France and Mauritius
- The Mauritian heritage is not included in the calculation of the IFI